GENERAL PRACTICE NURSE (Current Workforce)SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CURRENT GENERAL PRACTICE NURSE WORKFORCE AND DEVELOPING MENTORS TO INSPIRE A NEW GENERATION OF PRACTICE NURSES IN LEWISHAM.
TRAINING COMING UP
Wound care: Aetiology and Assessment. Thursday 4th May OR Monday 3rd July, 1230 (for lunch) to 5. St Johns Medical Centre
Wound care: Lower Limb. Thursday 1st July OR Thursday 20th July, 1230 (for lunch) to 5. St Johns Medical Centre.
Acute paediatric presentations in primary care – for GPNs and APNs
- Upper body: Upper respiratory tract infection, acute respiratory presentations, consent, capacity and other legal issues, prescribing for children. Monday 15th May – Owen Centre
- Lower body: Feeding problems in the under-1 year old, too short/too tall/underweight/overweight child, diarrhoea and vomiting, constipation and UTI, limps and legs. Tuesday 16th May – Grove Medical Centre (spaces available)
- Inside and outside: Mental health (including safeguarding children), and dermatology (allergies, eczema, rashes). Wednesday 17th May 2017 – Grove Medical Centre (spaces available)
Nurse Medical Prescribing : Mandatory annual update. Thursday 15th June, 9-4.30. St Johns Medical Centre
SE London GPN Conference – organised by Lewisham CEPN. Tuesday 27th June 2016, 9-5. Indigo O2 REGISTER
Respiratory Training: from novice to expert. Tuesday 4th July to Friday 7th July, 9-5. Owen Centre
TRAINING RECENTLY DELIVERED
- ‘Wound care’ training for GPNs and HCAs – Thursday 4th May
- Acute pediatric presentations in primary care for GPNs – Tuesday 21st February